Wednesday, 5 September 2018

We Are All Artists


If I had a super power it would be the ability to read minds. The thought process behind a lot of things fascinates me. I wonder about what a person was thinking or feeling when they were creating a certain art piece (music, sketch etc.) or invention. I wonder about the thoughts that lead to the combination of words that the author pens to the paper. 


A lot of things in my perspective are ‘complex’. In my eyes Leonardo da Vinci, Vincent Van Gogh and Pablo Picasso were in the same line of genius as Isaac Newton, Albert Einstein and Galileo Galilei. So I use the word complex because I am marvelled by how one can come up with such brilliance. There is a certain originality behind such complexities. In the modern era things like art, music and poetry are seldom considered as complex. However when you think about it, it is the simplicity behind them, the originality and authenticity that make them appear to be genius. 

I think that we are all capable of being artists if we only stick to being ourselves, without trying to imitate what the next person is doing. Infidelity towards our true crafts is what makes us lose our artistry. Remember that art is not limited to painting, drawing or writing, it could be science, mathematics or archaeology. If we keep it real, we are able to devise only the purest ideas. That for me is art, the purity and uniqueness of an idea. We all possess that Van Gogh artistic genius. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I've never thought of science as art. This is good.

    ReplyDelete